Have some words of encouragement, a tip for survival, or a story from the sidelines you’d love to share with your fellow wives?
Write for FNW (WE PAY!)
Send them our way! But first, here are a few answers to your questions:
- Try to keep the word count to 600-800.
- Yes, it can be previously published. However, your piece will not be eligible for compensation unless it is an original piece that has not been published elsewhere. We are happy to republish articles to help you grow your audience though.
- Read through the articles on the site just to get a sense of our style and tone. Down-to-earth, honest, and funny are three of our favorite things.
- Double-check your grammar. If it looks like it’s going to require a lot of time to edit, we will probably move on. With that being said, all submissions go through an editing process before being published.
MOST COMMON REASONS SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED:
Nine times out of ten, it’s simply because we have several articles already on the same topic.
Other reasons include:
- Too Much Editing Required (send your article to a friend to edit before you submit!)
- Too Negative (We try to keep our tone honest and relatable but also encouraging.)
- Too Long (Try to keep it under 800 words. Readers these days don’t have a long attention span.)
- Too Specific (While we enjoy reading personal stories, make sure your article is relatable to a larger audience. Even if you start with a story specific to you, broaden your scope quickly to relate the topic to others.)
If you’d like some guidance, poke around the site to get a better understanding of the tone we are after. Or email [email protected] with any questions or tips!
If your piece is accepted, we will contact you with the date of publication. We will track views for your piece for the next thirty days and contact you at the end of that thirty days with the number of views your piece received. Only original works are eligible for payment, meaning it cannot have been published anywhere else, including your own blog or Facebook page.
The amount you receive will be based on views:
0-249 views > $0
250-499 views > $5
500-749 views > $7.50
750-999 views > $10
1,000-1,999 views > $15
2,000-2,999 views > $25
3,000-3,999 views > $50
4,000+ > $100
Submissions are now closed!
Future Submissions windows include:
January 30, 2022 – February 12, 2022