I am Danielle Frontz and I am 29 years old. My husband, Jb Frontz, and I have been married for 5 years. But, we have been together since we were 16 years old. I was a football player’s girlfriend first. My husband played in high school then went onto the college level as a D2 player at Oklahoma Panhandle State. I followed him after HS to Oklahoma, then we moved back home to El Paso, Texas after 5 years out there. As soon as we moved back, he became an offensive coordinator at a 5A High School. After 4 years he was offered the OC position at a 6A HS. We now both currently work at Eastlake High School.
Throughout this amazing journey we received our biggest blessing, our beautiful son named Chance. He is 3 years old and he was truly born for this football life. Along with our son, we have 3 pups that we consider our children as well!
What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- My favorite part about this life is the love you receive from everyone involved. My son now has many more bonus uncles, as well as “brothers” as he likes to call them. I also love the excitement I feel going to the games and seeing the positive impact my husband has on these young minds.
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- As many football wives will say, the amount of time our husbands our gone. Before children, this lifestyle for me was easy. I am an extremely independent person, so I cherished the alone time I received from my husband being away so often. Now having our son, it’s hard not having him around. Our son loves his dad and he just misses him when he’s not there. As a wife and mother, I often feel like I am holding the fort down on my own. It gets tough but I’m blessed that we are able to communicate when I feel like I am truly about to go crazy!
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- Not an item but my fellow football wife friends. Being able to lean on each other is such a big help for my mental health.
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- My son and I’s go to order is a slice of pizza with chips and a granny cookie. So good on game days!! And I cannot survive without my Dr. Pepper!
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- Covid! Not being able to go to the games and interact with the players, parents, other coaches and their wives was tough! I was at home with a newborn, cheering my husband and his team on from a computer screen. It was so hard but it just made me appreciate this life so much more.
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- This life is beautiful! Although there will be days that are difficult, you can do it. You and Jb can overcome anything together. God and your love is the strength behind everything.