I live in Toccoa, GA. My husband is an assistant football coach (offense side) and the head track coach at Stephens County High School. I am an elementary teacher; currently teaching first grade. I love spending time outdoors, creating things with my cricut, and spending time with friends and family.
What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- My favorite part of being a coach’s wife is getting to love on these kids as sons and daughters. Both my husband and I think of this as a ministry, and we love getting to share the love of God with all of the athletes!
- The uncertainty and constant change. I am a planner and do not like never knowing when change will happen.
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- The item that I have to have is my gameday bag and stadium chair! I keep snacks, tissues, candy, blankets, clothes, etc., in the bag and it is my “Mary Poppins” bag!
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- Hmmmmm. Not going to lie, this past year my go to was getting the Bojangles Supremes box to bring with me to the game!
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- I was asked to help be a “water girl” at one of our padded camps one summer. I was standing near the end zone when a MASSIVE fight broke out between our team and another. It became very intense and I was too close for comfort! Maybe water girls need to wear pads and a helmet!
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- First, I would go back and tell my younger self that marriage (no matter what profession your spouse has) takes hard work. However, football season does bring its own unique challenges and frustrations. With that being said, as long as there is mutual understanding, hard work, and intentionality, it’s okay that there are times when your husband needs to spend extra time in the field house. This does not mean that he doesn’t love you. Our husbands care very deeply about us and would do anything in the world to take care of us. During the football season, when time is crazy busy, make sure to be very intentional with the time you do have together. Turn off the phones! Be together.