Hello! I am a mom to 3 little boys, educator, and coach’s wife! I am learning everyday to embrace this life and show the love of Jesus to all the lives we encounter.
What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- My favorite part of being a coach’s wife is the bonus family we get. My boys have so many brothers, sister, aunts and uncles because of coaching. We have become this huge extended family.
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- Now that my boys are getting older, it can be hard to find the balance between dad's events and their events. I always want everyone to feel loved, supported, and the top priority.
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- Other coach’s wives! Not an item, but I couldn’t live without them. I can’t tell you how many times other wives have taken my kids to the restroom, concession stand, or to run out some energy. Or even one time, my baby had to use one wive's gloves as socks during a winter game when I forgot socks!
- Frito chili pie with jalapeños, a coke, and the kids love a snowcone.
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- Crazy story but our truck was actually shot at on the way to a scrimmage! It was insane. Missed the scrimmage having to talk with the police. Other wives and I now joke that we literally will take a bullet to go to a game!
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- Go with the flow. The kids will spill stuff on their cute team gear, you’ll lose toys in the bleachers, you may have to take the kids to the bathroom a million times. But they will remember the games and it will mean so, so much.
Connect with Lexi on Instagram @lexilitke
*As coach’s wives, we are used to being behind the scenes and out of the spotlight. But we are also the best at encouraging and supporting. So let us highlight you and help you build the best community ever!*