I am a coach’s wife starting season 17. My husband coaches football and baseball. He has been a coordinator (FB) and Head Coach (BSB). We have 2 daughters and have coached at 3 different schools. I also coach. Coach and I have taught together the last 16 years. We have both been head coaches at the same time and navigating/balancing the coaching life and family has been a learning process. We don’t know a life that doesn’t include Friday night lights and concession stand dinners! I teach BIM and coach multiple sports at multiple different levels. I met coach in college and haven’t looked back!
What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- That my husband inspires young adults and my children get a front row seat to it.
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- Leaving sweet friends and feeling helpless when changes are made to our careers that are out of our control.
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- Travel bags- packed with snacks, games and clothes for all weather!
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- Big red and a Frito pie.
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- Having a baby August 30th!
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- Enjoy the ride. Trust him! Not all coaches are created equally.
Connect with Mandie on Instagram @mandiecw
*As coach’s wives, we are used to being behind the scenes and out of the spotlight. But we are also the best at encouraging and supporting. So let us highlight you and help you build the best community ever!*