Hello! My name is Samantha Kruger. I am 33 years old, and this upcoming school year is my twelfth football season with my coach (eleven as a wife). My husband is the Offensive Coordinator and head baseball coach for Holland High School. I also teach 2nd grade at Holland Elementary School. We love our unique, small town community! Aside from the ball fields and classrooms, we have two daughters (Kennedy & Kirby), a dog, and a cat. I forgot to mention, my husband and I met in college at SHSU. I often thank the town of Huntsville for giving me such a sweet little life!What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- My favorite part of this lifestyle has to be the community’s excitement. The entire town comes out to the pep rallies and games to cheer on our Hornets! My daughters love going to “ball games” & cheering along with the cheer squad. I always think what a beautiful, unique lifestyle they get to grow up with. Not every child gets to have their experiences. They deeply admire their “Coach Daddy”!
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- Okay, time to be honest! My least favorite part of this lifestyle is the amount of time my husband is away. It is VERY hectic taking care of littles & being a working mom. Luckily, I’ve embraced this struggle- my girls and I are already very close knit even in their young ages. It’s often a celebration when “Coach Daddy” is home, and I love that.
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- If you have littles, invest in a fold-up wagon! It’ll save your life. I also couldn’t live without my support system of other coach’s wives.
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- I usually throw any & all snacks into our game day backpack. You can never have too many! My oldest daughter’s favorite concession stand order is a red Gatorade & Reese’s.
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- Having TWO football season babies… one right smack in the midst of COVID! Now I’m trying to survive back to back birthdays during football season!
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- You’re going to have a beautiful life one day. :)
Connect with Samantha on Instagram @sammystewkrug
*As coach’s wives, we are used to being behind the scenes and out of the spotlight. But we are also the best at encouraging and supporting. So let us highlight you and help you build the best community ever!*