Coach’s wife & mom! Married to my college sweetheart. He just left high school football after 10 years (and 2 championships) to be the defensive coordinator at our alma mater! So we are back at the college we met and learning the ropes of the college football life. But I’ll always consider myself a Friday night wife!
What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- I love having the team be our family. I take my girls to practice and they get to know the kids. They consider the team their brothers. We have decided that coaching is a family thing.
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- We miss daddy when he’s gone. This does take a lot of time. But since we feel like a part of the team, it makes it easier.
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- Definitely my game bag! Full of pom poms for the kids, snacks, and warm weather gear.
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- We don’t usually get concessions but I do give my husband a box of Mike n Ike’s and a note before every game. I think game 1 this year will be box 134! He has kept every note too.
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- Having a baby in the middle of a championship season. Going to grad school during the season. Moving 4 times with kids.
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- That even the hard days are more than worth it. ♥️
Connect with Sara on Instagram @Sara_halv