I’m a wife to Nate, who is currently DC at the University of West Georgia, and mom to Myles and Eli— they are loud, stinky boys in every room in my house! We’ve been a football family as long as we’ve been married (10 years!), and we love getting to cheer on our coach while he works. Go Wolves!What is your favorite part of this lifestyle?
- We love the relationships this lifestyle affords us. By showing up at the end of practice to give hugs and high fives, cheering on our favorite coach and players at the games, and inviting players into our home for a meal with us, our family gets to celebrate and be a part of what coach is spending so many hours doing away from us during much of the year. When we do it together, this job becomes a ministry, and it is a calling for which we are so grateful!
What is your LEAST favorite part of this lifestyle?
- Sadly, fall is our favorite time of year to be outside! We love when we can enjoy the beautiful changing colors of the season from the views of a football stadium, but there aren’t enough bye weeks for the many camping trips we’d like to take during this time of year!
What is one item you can't live without that makes this life easier?
- My instant pot!
What is your go to concession stand order or must have snack?
- Popcorn & Skittles to keep my kids entertained so I can watch the game!
What is the craziest thing you have survived due to this lifestyle?
- My husband took a new coaching job right before Covid in 2020, and we were really excited to get started in a new place with a new team. Once there was an official pandemic, however, we were told to shelter in place (in separate towns) for a few days before he could return home. We ended up having to sell our house, buy a new one, say bye to friends, and coordinate all the logistics of moving completely virtually!
What is one thing you would go back and tell your younger self?
- Stay (or just show up!) for the end of the game. I believe the support and love shared between coaches and players and our family right now is stronger than ever because we somehow make it onto the field after every win or loss. Having a clean house and sticking to sleep schedules really pale in comparison to that feeling after a big game!
Connect with Stephanie on Instagram @stephanie.masters
*As coach’s wives, we are used to being behind the scenes and out of the spotlight. But we are also the best at encouraging and supporting. So let us highlight you and help you build the best community ever!*